In this document, the specification of the operating temperature of heaters for some types of cameras and housings are listed, giving useful reference information for users during operating and installation.
ON/OFF temperature of heaters
1. Input Operating voltage: AC 24V is necessary for camera and heater to work under guaranteed operating temperature range.
2. PoE+: If PoE+ is intended to drive speed dome, please be noted that the PoE+ power is unable to drive camera and heater simultaneously because total power consumption will exceed the PoE+ rating.
3. For Maven cameras, both AC24V and PoE are OK for normal operation plus heater.
4. The specification of ON/OFF temperature is based on the measurement result inside camera (or housing), not on the surrounding where the device is installed.
5. After heater turns ON, the thermostat inside the device will detect the internal temperature, turn off the heater as temperature reaches OFF condition and turn on again as temperature reaches ON condition. Therefore, we have no way to predict the surrounding temperature once heater on operating. What we can confirm is the internal and surrounding temperature will be same only on the initial installation of device.